Big news from Queensland Government
2 December 2020
In the Palaszczuk Government budget handed down today there is significant investment in small business.
The $140 million Big Plans for Small Business policy will facilitate private investment in the small business sector, it includes:
- An initial $100 million Business Investment Fund with a focus on small businesses with significant potential for growth and job creation.
- $30 million of investment to increase skills and capability with a focus on small business grants in priority industry sectors, and
- $10 million of investment to make it easier to do business including:
- Permanent Small Business Commissioner
- Reinvigorating the Small Business Advisory Council.
$40.5 million 'Making it in Queensland' Strategy (over 5 years)
$500 million Renewable energy fund
$200 million investment in future skills.
You can find more information about this year’s Budget at www.budget.qld.gov.au