On 21 May 2022, the federal government will go to the polls, so --
Let's get Social Enterprise on the Federal Agenda, together!
QSEC is working with the Alliance of Social Enterprise Network of Australia (ASENA) alongside the state peak bodies and advocates for social enterprise to help raise our collective voice. Starting 12 April 2022 and in the following week we are asking you to pick your engagement activity based on the time you have available.
VIEW our Queensland Social Enterprise Story slide deck.
What can I do?
Our request is simple...
Got five minutes?
Take a moment to add your voice to our campaign to get social enterprise on the national agenda.
Visit our letter-writing page, fill in your details and the system will automatically link your candidates.
You can send a pre-written letter (which includes a link to a social enterprise pitch deck) inviting your candidate to engage with you and the social enterprise sector.
I'll do it! Take me to the letter page now!
We are asking federal candidates to take three actions:
- Learn more about social enterprise in your electorate.
- Make a public pledge of support for social enterprise. It’s not about buying more, it’s about buying from social enterprise.
- Match the federal government’s recent $24.6m investment into social enterprises supporting refugee employment with funding from each portfolio where social enterprise is supporting public outcomes – from employment to environment, from disability to housing, from Indigenous affairs to women, from justice to economic development.
Got an hour?
With more time, you can fine-tune your advocacy approach before you send the letter and back it up with a social media post.
- Grab a copy of the letter here and customise it for your organisation, then copy and paste it into the letter page before you send it.
- Please share this image on your social media channels, using our campaign hashtag #switch2good.
Feel free to add other hashtags such as #BuySocial #BuyLocalBuySocial #socialenterprise #CommuntyLedRecovery . Please tag [QSEC/SENVIC/ASENA etc] in your instagram post.
DOWNLOAD THE SOCIAL MEDIA KIT HERE or feel free to copy/paste from below.
If/when candidates reply, let us know and we’ll add them to our database of which candidates (and their staffers) are engaging with us. Email: email@example.com
Post-election we’ll be following up with the winners in a targeted/relational way to continue the advocacy journey.
Want to do more?
Federal candidates want exposure in the community – particularly community leaders creating positive social or environmental impact, like you!
We would love you to build a relationship with your local candidates and raise awareness of social enterprise’s contribution to creating an inclusive, fair and sustainable society.
Ask your local candidate to:
- VISIT the social enterprises in their electorate and learn more about the social and environmental impact they make through their business. Meet us to discuss how your voice in Canberra can support your local social enterprises to deliver more social and environmental impact for our community.
- INVITE US to speak at a campaign event as a community leader and an innovative business leader.
- Make a PUBLIC PLEDGE of support for social enterprise and snap a photo for social media. It’s not about buying more, it’s about buying from social enterprise: #switch2good. Tag our State/Territory Social Enterprise Network and it will extend your profile.
- WATCH ASENA’s slide-pack to demonstrate the national social enterprise movement.
- COMMIT TO MATCH the recent $24.6m investment into social enterprises supporting refugee employment with funding from each portfolio where social enterprise is supporting public outcomes – from employment to environment, from disability to housing, from Indigenous affairs to women, from justice to economic development.
Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in this and we’ll work with you more deeply to get the word out there, and especially about the candidates who take the time to meet us.